- A Boy who is a citizen of India and who has completed five but not more than 10 years of age is eligible to be registered as a Cub Aspirant.
- He will work for 3 months to the satisfaction of the Cub Master before investiture as Cub.
- PRAVESH Requirements :
- Be able to tell the first jungle story.
- Understand the meaning of Cub Law, Cub Motto, Cub Promise and Cub Greeting.
- Demonstrate correctly Cub Salute and left handshake.
- Offer daily prayers as told by parents.
- Do a daily Good-turn at home.
- Be able to Sing Cub Prayer
- He then makes Cub Promise to the Cub Master and is invested as a Cub.
- He is eligible to wear Cub Uniform and Membership Badge. Membership badge is a cloth badge with blue background with Fleur- de-lis in yellow superimposed by Trefoil with Ashoka Chakra also in yellow in the centre. Membership badge is worn in the centre of the pleat of the left pocket of the shirt or at the same place on the jersey. Membership badge shall be issued by the Local or District Association, as the case may be, on the recommendation of the Cub master.
- THE CUB MOTTO :
DO YOUR BEST
- The Cub Prayer Song (Ham Hain Chhote Chhote BalShould be adopted and practised.)
- THE CUB PROMISE :
“I promise to do my best
To do my duty to God* and my country
To keep the Cub Law and
To do a Good-turn every day.”
* The word ‘Dharma’ may be substituted for the word “God” if so desired.
- The Cub Law :
- A Cub is obedient.
- A Cub is clean and polite.
- The Cub salute is given by raising the right arm smartly to the level of the shoulder, palm to the front, first two fingers stretched apart, first finger touching the forehead and the thumb pressing on the last two fingers. After the salute, the arm is smartly brought down.
- A girl who is citizen of India and has completed five years but not completed ten years of age is eligible to be registered as a Bulbul Aspirant.
- As a Pravesh Bulbul, she will work for three months before investiture as a bulbul.
- Pravesh Requirements :
- Be able to tell the story of Tara.
- Understand the meaning of Bulbul Promise, Bulbul Law, Bulbul Motto and Bulbul Greetings.
- Demonstrate correctly Bulbul Salute and Left Hand Shake.
- Offer daily prayer as told by parents.
- Do a daily good turn at home.
- Be able to sing Bulbul Prayer
- She then makes the Bulbul Promise to the Flock Leader and is invested as a Bulbul.
- She is eligible to wear the Bulbul uniform and Membership Badge. The Membership Badge is a cloth badge with blue background with Fleur-de-lis in yellow superimposed by the Trefoil with Ashoka Chakra also in yellow in the centre. Membership badge is worn in the middle of the left sleeve. The Membership Badge shall be issued by the Local or District Association, as the case may be, on the recommendation of the Flock Leader.
- THE BULBUL PROMISE :
I promise to do my best
to do my duty to God* and my country
to keep the Bulbul law and
to do Good Turn every day.
*The word “ Dharma” may be substituted for the word “God’ if so desired.
- THE BULBUL LAW :
- The Bulbul is obedient
- The Bulbul is clean and polite
- THE BULBUL MOTTO :
Do Your Best
- The Bulbul Salute is given by raising the right arm smartly to the level of the shoulder, palm to the front, with the first two fingers stretched together, the first just touching the forehead and thumb closing on the last two fingers. After the salute, the arm is smartly brought down
- The Bulbul Prayer (Ham Hain Chhote Chhote Bal) should be adopted and practised.