Skill Training and Development
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is the skilling and placement initiative of the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD)DDU-GKY is uniquely focused on rural youth between the ages of 15 and 35 years from poor families. As a part of the Skill India campaign, it plays an instrumental role in supporting the social and economic programs of the government like the Make In India, Digital India, Smart Cities and Start-Up India, Stand-Up India campaigns. Over 180 million or 69% of the country's youth population between the ages of 18 and 34 years, live in its rural areas. Of these, the bottom of the pyramid youth from poor families with no or marginal employment number about 55 million.
The Bharat Scouts and Guides received a target of 280 candidates via sanction order date 25/10/2019 to be trained and placed in Health care and Apparel sector.
- The Bharat Scouts and Guides proposed total 2 centres in Hisar and Sirsa.
- 1st batch of 51 candidates commenced at SDC -Sisai (Hisar) in dec. 2020.
- Training was temporarily suspended on 26th April 2021 due to covid-19 infection at the training center.
- Resumed training on 5th July 2021.
- Total Project cost for DDU-GKY Haryana is Rs.1,95,37,599/- which will be received in 4 instalments and out of this first instalment of Rs. 48,32,466/- has been received.
DDU-GKY Uttar Pradesh
The Bharat Scouts and Guides received a target of 540 candidates via sanction order date 28/12/2020 to be trained and placed in Customer Care Executives & Retail Sale Associates. Total project cost is around Rs.3.8 Crores out of this first instalment of Rs. 90 lac has been received. Assets and liabilities will be shared on the basis of 80:20(80%- Uttar Pradesh BSG share and 20%-NHQ share).
- BSG Inter-college at Mumfordganj (prayagraj) is identified and developed as skill development center as per norms of the scheme.
- Recruitment of staff is under process.
- Mobilisation of beneficiaries is done.
- Expecting commencement of training in 1st week of august 2021.
- Overall under progress but delayed due to covid-19, 2nd wave.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) implemented by National Skill Development Corporation. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- 120 no. for BSG Baramulla and 30 No. of BSG Kandhamal(old pending 1 batch) are successfully trained. Total 137 candidate were passed successfully and a sum of Rs. 13,15,170/- has been received against the against passed candidates.
- 3 Centres of The Bharat scouts and Guides were also established in N.E. Region for the approved target of 920 Candidates in SPECIAL PROJECT OF PMKVY. Total 827 candidates were successfully passed and a sum of Rs. 1,35,68,442/- received against the successfully passed candidates.
- Total amount received as grant in aid from National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC)-Rs.3,48,50,469/-
“Seekho aur Kamao (Learn & Earn)” is a scheme implemented since 2013-14 for skill development of minorities. The scheme aims at upgrading the skills of minority youth in various modern/traditional skills depending upon their qualification, present economic trends and market potential, which can earn them suitable employment or make them suitably skilled to go for self-employment. The scheme is implemented through selected expert Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs).The scheme ensures placements of minimum 75% trainees, out of which at least 50% placement is in organized sector.
- The Bharat Scouts and Guides has been sanctioned a target of 407 candidates to be trained and placed under the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Job role selection and centre propose is still under process.
- Total revenue against the above target will be almost Rs.3.5 crores.
- In progress .Delayed due to covid-19, 2nd wave.